Still I Am



*Please read in original article, if you can. Or sometimes you cannot see my links. (for friends in Facebook)


 I graduate the university today. At same time, I finish 22 years of my life as student. It mean that I am gonna be more independent truly. I am gonna make money by myself to live. Even to make my own dream come true.




4 years ago...





 I entered into a university with good motivations. At that time, I was so dominant, having too much sympathy for myself and selfish, I mean mere stupid guy. (but still selfish lol) I was so interested such divers individuals at campus. I had so much fun encountering other people despite my shyness originally.

Then I realized one dream after another...


 At first, I began surfing. It was encounter with Perfect Beach, our surf team. I had wanted to start surfing but didn't know how to do by alone. Then I came across such a team at campus. We went to sea and slept at the our club house in Chiba ocean side every weekends. Even during vacations, we could surf all day and cook by myself thanks to this house.
 2 year later, I became a leader of this team and get much more members to surf together. Thanks to this connection, I could relate with local surfers and other many surfers. Then I went to other countries in order to surf.
 Finally, it was so difficult to manage a team with one house that continue to surf with same members. Anyway the activity I spend time for is surfing in this 4 years. I lost myself in this sometime. And I am still surfer. I don't care about any other. Some still surf, some stopped surfing.
There is no longer paradise. Yes, it was exactly paradise.

What a glory days...

From Surfin Life

From Surfin Life

From Surfin Life


 In summer of 2006, it was a first long vacation as a freshman, I went to California. It was my very first travel abroad by alone. I encountered some strange traveler in Los Angeles and saw their not so good realities. Then I leave a paradise again. I went south. After several nights slept outside, I reached Tijuana, Mexico. I wanted to go as far as I could, but I realized that I had places I had to get back. I still have a dream to live southern California some day.
From California 2006

 After the trip, I founded a event team called Kinjitoh (金字党, it mean pyramid party, I parodied Kanji in a Chinese proverb). I used the team and held students parties which have about 300 people scale. I also tried to perform DJ at the parties. I named the parties Purple Haze inspired Jimi Hendrix and represented my school traditional color. The event was so open and catchy for every students, but I also wanted to make them remain genuine belief such a real musics.

From Campus Life
it seems like a rainmaker, doesn't it?



From Campus Life
a add of Xmas party on student issue


 I dissolved all activities around Kinjitoh finally at the last party in Christmas of 2007 because it would be more difficult to gather many people since junior year. Technically speaking, I gave a younger stuff all of rights but he went study abroad soon after.
 Entering sophomore year, I belonged a company which my friend founded. The company was ran by just three student including me. This is not so good memory for me because I joined the business with a reason for yearning to be called student business man. So I resigned it new school term. The business didn't motivate me to do at all and I have given priority to studies over any other activities throughout campus life.
 Then I took suit off. Once my business was over.

 At the same season, I went to Bali to surf. I just knew how much is fun to surf abroad.


 Initial event in sophomore year was entrance exam to seminars. I belonged two seminar, Bowers Seminar of inter cultural communication and Kaneko Seminar of business administration.

 At Kaneko Seminar, I could encounter several good friends. We are so closely usual days. Some of them are ones of my most respectable person in this 4 years. The seminar is so traditional that it may be the most oldest one in our school of commerce. We studied basic business administration and research in some group. I studied about a change of structure in advertising business. We worked so hard those days. And we belonged a meeting of economic students and wrote thesis. It was a so good experience that I acquired the logical thinking by studying academically. I realized importance of study at schools.


From Campus Life
From Campus Life
 We have just gone to Borneo together as a graduation trip last month.



 On the other hand, Bowers Seminar is the newest one in our school so we were first member. The professor Bowers is from US as you know. The member is so divers that about half of them including Chinese, American and British member experienced live foreign countries more than a year. Even somebody else often go abroad. So international. In addition, I have been a leader of the seminar.

From Campus Life
 Our annual biggest event is BBQ at professor's home after summer camp. It was special privilege of members. I also studied in another theme, about compatibility in ICT, and wrote down thesis as essays in celebration of graduation.

From Campus Life
From Campus Life
 So divers members that we were at a little bit distance each other compared with Kanekos'. But we have just gone to Taiwan all together as a graduation trip too. I learn what is important, what is difficult and what is fun when I have to organize several different cultures.
 And two studies which I tried in both of seminars have contributed my perspective about ICT finally. Then the experiences will contribute my consider in the future. My job will be around ICT.



 As usual, I surfed in Chiba spending almost holidays. But I inhabited Shonan(湘南) during summer vacation in 2007(as sophomore year) as a shop stuff at a beach bar like beach house. Every day I rode a my own bike and cruised around ocean side. We surfed in front of our shop in spare moments from our work when typhoon come. It was a good month. I still go the bar which the owner made after those days sometimes.

From Campus Life


 In autumn of 2008(as junior year), I went to Mexico as a surf trip with Kaz who is my one year older surf mate. It was absolutely unforgettable trip with so much troubles. He is still one of the best friend of mine. I cannot such a beautiful sight in southern edge of California.
From Mexico 2008
 Truly best place on my mind. I realized that I "was born". I cannot live alone. I am always receiving great helps by every people around me. We sometimes travel by alone. But not live by oneself. I am smaller than I imagined.
From Mexico 2008


 After that trip, I started looking for job. This was also fun for me. Because it means that to search for the specifier way to realize my dreams. Then I reached the ICT field.


 And after I decided first career, I went to last travel alone as student. Destination was Jamaica. I yearned to get there since I got an information that we can likely to surf there. It would be a tough and wild trip after a long interval. There are much more beautiful waves than I expected. And I changed my vision in those days living with Wilmot family.

From Jamaica 2009

From Jamaica 2009
 After I leaved Jamaica, I went back to New York, then flew New Mexico at southern west US. And I got a car and travel around with friends for a week. In White Sands, it was nothing but our destination, I could meet the most beautiful sun rise I had ever seen.

From Southwest USA drive 2009
From Southwest USA drive 2009
 To tell the truth, I feared I would have whether achievement the plan or not before meet them.
The closer to a destination, the more I regained my own confidence. I could not tell them just this. I have to fight inside of me, silently. It was one of my challenge.
From Southwest USA drive 2009




 Anyway!!
 Thanks to my huge curiosity, I have also encountered other many many friends throughout my campus life.

My crass mates. Sometime I belonged. lol
From Campus Life
ちょけNight members. Party people by nature!!
From Campus Life
Freeze, a soccer team many friends belong.
From Campus Life
Nothing but MN crew, my high school friends.
From Campus Life
17th crass mates, many friends belong.
From Campus Life
Guys gathered around the cafeteria.
From Campus Life
Mix Juice crew, no longer take place.
From Campus Life
And I used to move around in order to be "business man"...


I used to join such stranger parties.








It's with TNK, a business circle in Tokyo Univ.




 There is no end to remember all of encounter during this life. With some of them no longer any contacts. Off course I remember Taka, 13erbie Skunk and Monju in L.A. And BRGK, the finest rapper and lyricist is still standing on stage. Big up Yoshiya Hashizaki, I worked his company during a few months.  It was better days as a bartender at Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo in Ikebukuro, the darts bar I belonged. The last work of 2008 was so funny! Many memories come up on the whim of the moment. I will tell them when I wanted to do. The only thing I can tell now is that I want to appreciate all of you! Is there still anything else I should introduce?


The months and days are the travellers of eternity.


The years that come and go are also voyagers.



 I required to forget. I required to lie. I required to keep silent.

 I have failed therefore I have tried every time.
 I feel that I do not have understandable failure so much ever since. But actually, I fail time after time and I did not succeed anything. It shall be reason I continue to challenge every time. I hope that. Anyway, I'm gonna go forward.

 In addition, so where is the deadline of mine? I mean the border between myself and not. I learnt to yield in this 4 years. But I still have parts I cannot yield on my mind. I also learnt to give up, but I still have dreams I make come true surely.

 It's good to clean around me when encounter some wall. And it should be in the sun.


 So many changes have occurred than I expected this 4 years, I mean my life as student.
However still I am.

 So many places I have been to during campus life and I get back.
However still traveling.


 I will graduate university this week.
 But I am student for life.


 Remember me. Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

プエルト・エスコンディード サーフマップ

THE WEIGHT

Jamaican Surf